Friday 25 January 2013

Around and around

Two CAMRA publications dropped through my letter box this morning, Beer magazine and What's Brewing?

Between them they've got pages and pages of letters and articles on the key questions facing beer drinkers: can multinational companies brew craft beer, why doesn't everyone like Wetherspoon's and why can't CAMRA promote Guinness?*

These debates are endless because no conclusion is possible. With craft beer, it's like the bit in Alice Through the Looking-Glass where Humpty Dumpty says "When I use a word,it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less."; with Wetherspoon's and Guinness it's a question of personal preference.

* The answers are: there's no such thing; because most of them are soulless barns full of geriatric alcoholics; it's keg.

2 comments:

  1. I find these never-ending whinges, which is all they are, pointless and tedious. I wish they could tell the difference between their opinions and facts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Wetherspoons. Maybe because I'm a geriatric alcoholic.

    ReplyDelete